Programming Languages

 Many programmers see programming as a secret language, and there are many ways to view it. There is machine language, which is mainly used for electricity, instructs here the 0s and 1s must go in order, for example, when turning off and on a switch. Then, there is the assembly language that turns machine language into textual language so we can understand it better. We will be looking at my experience with a website named Scratch and how that programming differed from the ones explained in our textbook.

My experience with Scratch was pretty good once I got the hang of it. My main difficulty was trying to get the blocks to achieve what I wanted. With some trial and error, I achieved what I wanted them to do. The insight I gained was how difficult it can be to create an animated story and to make it coherent. When comparing my insight from Scratch to my insight into participation activities in the textbook, I enjoyed Scratch a lot more than I did the activities. I also understood more from Scratch. In Scratch, the programming seems more straightforward and more spelled out. In the textbook, inputting M[5] to create a series of 0s and 1s and vice versa confuses me a little. This is why I found using Scratch programming language easier. Although each programming language has its uses. Scratches programming is useful when making shorts or animations. On the other hand, our textbook programming would be easier when programming a computer or software. Because animations and shorts are becoming more popular, Scratches programming is becoming more and more popular.

 

My short program from Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1025436051'

Resources:

Vahi', F., & Lysecky, S. (2019). Computing technology for all. zyBooks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Network Security

Documenting a Day